Monday, July 3, 2023

banish anxiety

So then, banish anxiety from your heart and cast off the troubles of your body, for youth and vigor are meaningless.

- Ecclesiastes 11:10 (NIV)

 

OK, the first thing I thought of when I read this version of this verse was here we go again, do not fear. 
No matter how many times I hear it, I still have fear and anxiety and what is this about youth being meaningless? 
so, doing the thing I do, I looked up other versions of this verse. 
The New King James Version: 
Therefore remove sorrow from your heart, And put away evil from your flesh, For childhood and youth are vanity.
Sorrow. 
The New American Standard Bible 1995: 
So, remove grief and anger from your heart and put away pain from your body, because childhood and the prime of life are fleeting.

Anger. 
I have difficulty with all three of these things honestly. 

Solomon tells us that it is God’s will that we enjoy our lives during the time of our youth, but we must still be accountable for our choices and our behavior.

We don’t stay young forever, but we need to remember while we are out having fun that we still need to answer to God. 
We tend to get so involved in hustle and bustle of our busy lives that our busy-ness is distracting us from focusing on what is most important. 
Solomon reminds us with this verse that living in the moment is fine so long as we realize the spiritual ramifications our decisions have over time.

Let us live without regrets so long as we understand that peace and freedom are found when we die to self and embrace God's Word as our fountain of life.

 

#dailybreadbykitty

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1167248103736801

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...