Friday, July 28, 2023

yes!

For all of God’s promises have been fulfilled in Christ with a resounding “Yes!” And through Christ, our “Amen” (which means “Yes”) ascends to God for his glory.

- 2 Corinthians 1:20 (NLT)

 

Have you ever been at a location where a sports event is being viewed and the favored team does something good and the entire area swells with joyful screams of “yes!”?

When you’re a diehard football fan and your team makes it to the super bowl and gets that first touchdown, you scream “yes!” quite loudly. 
Or how about if you are participating in a heated round of trivia and you just won the game? 
That resounding “yes” is a promised fulfilled – your team scoring the winning touchdown, or that final answer put you ahead in points, proving that all is glorious. 
Darrell Evans released the song “Trading My Sorrows (Yes Lord) in 1998, take a moment to read the lyrics (bonus points if you can sing them!): 
I'm trading my sorrow

I'm trading my shame

I'm laying it down for the joy of the Lord

I'm trading my sickness

I'm trading my pain

I'm laying it down for the joy of the Lord

Yes Lord, yes Lord, yes, yes Lord

Yes Lord, yes Lord, yes, yes Lord

Yes Lord, yes Lord, yes, yes Lord, Amen

Yes Lord, yes Lord, yes, yes Lord

Yes Lord, yes Lord, yes, yes Lord

Yes Lord, yes Lord, yes, yes Lord, Amen

Though sorrow may last for the night

Joy comes with the morning
Dude. 
God’s promises fulfilled. 

Yes, Lord, AMEN!!

 

#dailybreadbykitty

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1167248103736801

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...