Monday, July 17, 2023

shameful

For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes, for the Jew first and also for the Greek.

- Romans 1:16 (NKJV)

 

I just finished a class “History of World Christianity”, it was a very interesting class. 
Dating back to the days that Jesus walked the earth, the class covered the challenges and persecution that Christians endured. 
You would think that humanity would have made progress in the two thousand plus years since the death of Christ, but we haven’t. 
Persecution still exists, there are still countries where talking about Jesus can result in your execution. 
There are still places in the good old U.S.A. where discussing religion is a scandal. 
It's sad that we have to hide who we are for fear of retaliation. 
I send my “daily bread” out via email and posts of various social media platforms. 
This very email could cost me my job if it fell into the hands of someone that doesn’t believe and that someone was vindictive enough to raise enough fuss to get me fired. 
I am still not ashamed, the God I believe in loves everyone, even those who do not love Him.

These days we are not supposed to talk about God or our faith.

People want us to be ashamed they view us as stupid, insensitive, judgmental, and hypocritical.

Do not be ashamed; be joyous and generous with this incredible gift that we have received.

According to the Bible, we are obligated to share His word with “both the wise and the foolish”.

That means, if you already know His word, I am sharing it to remind you and if you don’t know His word, I am sharing to introduce you.

 

#dailybreadbykitty

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1167248103736801

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...