Monday, July 31, 2023

face them with confidence

So we can say with confidence, “The Lord is my helper, so I will have no fear. What can mere people do to me?”

- Hebrews 13:6 (NLT)

 

Confidence is a trait that people seek in others.

Employers look for confident employees, parents want teachers for their children to be confident in their ability to teach and teachers enjoy students that are confident in themselves.

People look for confidence in their friends and partners.
But what about confidence in ourselves? 

How can we be confident in what happens today?

What is our assurance for tomorrow?

How do we show confidence?

Sanctus Real released a song in 2018 called Confidence, check out these lyrics: 
I'm not a warrior, I'm too afraid to lose

I feel unqualified for what you're callin' me to

But Lord with your strength, I've got no excuse

'Cause broken people are exactly who you use

So give me faith like Daniel in the lion's den

Give me hope like Moses in the wilderness

Give me a heart like David, Lord be my defense

So I can face my giants with confidence

You took a shepherd boy and made him a King

So I'm gonna trust you and give you everything

I'll be a conqueror 'cause you fight for me

I'll be a champion claiming your victory

...

I'm gonna sing and shout and shake the walls

I won't stop until I see 'em fall

Gonna stand up, step out when you call

Jesus, Jesus

I'm gonna sing and shout and shake the walls

I won't stop until I see 'em fall

Gonna stand up, step out when you call

Jesus

Give me faith like Daniel in the lion's den

Give me hope like Moses in the wilderness

Give me a heart like David, Lord be my defense

So I can face my giants with confidence, yeah

...

I'll face my giants with confidence

We should seek to find our confidence in the Lord, He is there for us every step of the way!

He assures us that we can count on Him and that we should not be afraid of the future.

Fear will not be our master because our future, our destiny, our eternity rest in the hands of the eternal Lord.

The worst that man can do is to send me home to my Lord.

I’m confident, are you?

 

#dailybreadbykitty

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1167248103736801

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...