Wednesday, March 8, 2023

tempted?

Let no one say when he is tempted, “I am tempted by God”; for God cannot be tempted by evil, nor does He Himself tempt anyone.

- James 1:13 (NKJV)

 

“The devil made me do it”.

I think we have all heard this phrase and some of us have even used it to excuse our poor behavior, but nothing is further from the truth.
We can blame the devil, we can blame others, we can even blame God if that takes away our guilt, but the truth is that it is us failing to address our own hearts.

Temptation begins with our own hidden agendas.

Fortunately, we have an out: Jesus came to deliver us from temptation so when we recognize the great love that God has for us, we can bring our darkest motives to light.
And let them go. 
We need to admit the temptation, where it lives and stop it before it grows from temptation to sin. 
Because we all know that once it is sin, surely it will bring us death (
Romans 6:23 - For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord. [NKJV]).
Don’t live tempted. 

 

#dailybreadbykitty

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1167248103736801

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...