Thursday, March 23, 2023

sparrows

What is the price of five sparrows? A couple of pennies? Not much more than that. Yet God does not forget a single one of them. And He knows the number of hairs on your head! Never fear, you are far more valuable to Him than a whole flock of sparrows.

- Luke 12:6-7 (TLB)

 

One of the things that I love about visiting my father-in-law in Iowa is watching the birds in his back yard. 
Dad has multiple bird feeders set up in his backyard and he feeds the various birds, squirrels, and rabbits every single day no matter the weather.

I’ve been up there at Christmas time and watched him go out during a blizzard to put food out for them. 
He did research and he buys food for the specific types of birds in his area which can vary from season to season.

It’s because of Dad that my husband and I started hanging bird and squirrel feeders at our home in Arkansas.

I was already feeding the neighborhood stray cats, raccoons, opossums, and the occasional fox so it wasn’t out of the question to add birds and squirrels to my “backyardagains”. 
It makes me feel good to see “the regulars” coming to the feeders and yes, I name each of the cats, raccoons, and opossums.

I can’t keep up with all the birds and squirrels to name them, they all look alike. 
I wonder, do all people look alike to the birds and squirrels? 

It’s amazing when you think about the fact that God knows every single bird, cat, raccoon, opossum, and human by name.

God may not call us by the same names we call each other, but He knows us and loves every one of us. 
He never forgets us.. 

We are so valuable to Him, more so than flocks of birds that are on this earth (have you seen the starlings when they fly? Look it up on you tube, it is wild!) 
We are so lucky to have a Father that loves us that much. 
I need to go feed my “backyardagains” now.  I’m very thankful that I am not the only one that knows their names.  

 

#dailybreadbykitty

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1167248103736801

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...