Thursday, March 16, 2023

it is done

I have glorified You on the earth. I have finished the work which You have given Me to do.

- John 17:4 (NKJV)

 

Jesus spent a lot of time in prayer.
In this verse He was preparing for His betrayal, knowing that He would soon die to fulfill the prophecies that had been spoken.

In the time He spent on Earth, He did everything that His Father asked, even though some of those things were unpleasant. 
The worst of the unpleasantness was yet to come. 
Jesus finished the work on Earth that God had given Him.  

In the lyrics of the song It Is Finished by Passion Music we hear these words: 
The cross is my beginning

The line drawn in the sand

The end of all my striving

Now I am born again

There, Jesus was forsaken

So I will never be

His grace is my salvation

The gift of God, the work of Calvary

It is done, it is finished

Christ has won, He is risen

Grace is here

Love has triumphed over death forever

The cross needs no addition

His mercy is complete

His love is not in question

The Son of God has spoken over me

...

Strongholds bowing to the Savior

Resurrection power over every circumstance

His word stands final and forever

It will not be shaken, He alone has won it all

...

It is done, it is finished

Mercy won, I'm forgiven

Sing His name, He is worthy of our praise, Jesus

He has won, He has won

Oh, He is worthy of our praise

Oh, Jesus, oh, Jesus

We sing your praise forever

It is done. 
Because of His sacrifice we are forgiven and free. 
Don’t forget the sacrifice He made for us. 

 

#dailybreadbykitty

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1167248103736801

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...