Friday, March 24, 2023

I’m happy

Though the fig tree does not bud and there are no grapes on the vines, though the olive crop fails and the fields produce no food, though there are no sheep in the pen and no cattle in the stalls, yet I will rejoice in the Lord, I will be joyful in God my Savior.

- Habakkuk 3:17-18 (NIV)

 

Habakkuk was a “minor prophet”, so we don’t really hear a lot about him.

From this verse though, we can tell that he learned to always rejoice in God, no matter what his circumstances were.

We can learn a lot from him.

I’m happy even though I have bills to pay, even though my car’s check engine light is on, and the navigation system is lost, even though I am under a lot of pressure and stress, I will continue to praise and trust Him, and I am happy.

The chorus of a Lauren Daigle’s song Trust In You really speaks volumes to me:

When You don't move the mountains

I'm needing You to move

When You don't part the waters

I wish I could walk through

When You don't give the answers

As I cry out to You

I will trust, I will trust, I will trust in You

I’m happy even though my life is a crazy mess right now, I know that praising Him and trusting Him will result in my peace and keep me happy.

It is well with my soul.

 

#dailybreadbykitty

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1167248103736801

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...