Wednesday, December 7, 2022

tomorrow

How do you know what your life will be like tomorrow? Your life is like the morning fog—it’s here a little while, then it’s gone.

- James 4:14 (NLT)

 

I like planning, I like to know the when, where, what and how of things that are going on.

I tend to be riddled with anxiety when things don’t go according to my intentions. 

Sometimes I think that things don’t go the way I planned because God is giving me a gentle reminder that I am not the one in charge.

Too many times we strategize and make arrangements for an unknown future and then become frustrated and angry when it doesn’t work out the way we expected.

If we humans could anticipate the future and plan for every contingency, we would think very highly of ourselves and believe that we are self sufficient and don’t need God at all. 

Nothing could be further from the truth.

Life is full of surprises, something can happen in the blink of an eye to change our plans, none of us can guarantee what will happen to us tomorrow.

God does not reveal the future to us.

We simply need to trust God in every situation, knowing that He will lead us through each trial. 

It’s hard for me to willing give up that control that I thought I had, but I am learning.   

 

#dailybreadbykitty

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1167248103736801

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...