Thursday, December 15, 2022

the gift

Thanks be to God for His indescribable gift!

- 2 Corinthians 9:15 (NIV)

 

The Hallmark channel has created a genre of Christmas movies that – well honestly, some are barf worthy. (that is something you don’t hear from me!)

Hallmark has released nearly four dozen new Christmas movies every year since 2008 and I know some folks that watch every single movie. 
I think the reason I feel like they are “barf worthy” (I am kind of hooked on that phrase now) is because they are predictable: no matter what the situation there is a heroine that will find love at the end of the movie. (if you don’t watch the Holderness Family, you should at least check out their videos about Hallmark movies) and that simply is not what life is.

Don’t get me wrong, I love Christmas, sometimes it is hard especially after any sort of loss whether it is a job or a family member.

But when you peel back all the layers of wrapping paper and find the real “reason for the season”, that is when you discover the Hallmark movie inside you.

God gave us a gift, that gift is Jesus. 
It is indescribable because His love is perfect love, making it possible for mankind to spend eternity with Him.

In the middle of the chaos that Christmas has become, I ask that you take time to remember the gift that God gave us.

And thank Him for that gift.

 

#dailybreadbykitty

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1167248103736801

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...