Tuesday, December 27, 2022

hear my prayer

When good people pray, the Lord listens, but He ignores those who are evil.

- Proverbs 15:29 (GNT)

 

At one point in my life I attended a church where there was a lot of “responsive reading”.

The leader of the congregation would call everyone to prayer and begin a long list of things that were being taken to the Lord. 

At the end of each section, the congregation would respond “hear our prayer”.

It was a good way to learn about how to pray, but the thing is, we don’t have to add “hear our prayer” at the end, because He does!

Our God is an amazing God, and He hears every single prayer that we utter.

We learn to pray as young believers.

We are taught how to pray by Jesus Himself in Matthew 6:9-13.

Every day we should pray.

In 2018 I was taking online classes to obtain my degree in ministry (which I have vowed to continue in 2023 – hold me to it!) and there I learned that there are six points of prayer: 
Adoration: worship and praise the Lord. (Our Father, Who is in Heaven, hallowed by Your name)

Thanksgiving: gratefully acknowledge the things He has provided. (Give us this day, our daily bread)

Confession: admit our sins. (Forgive us our sin as we forgive those who sin against us)

Petition: requests for self.

Intercession: requests for others.

Dedication: vow and promise. (Yours is the glory forever)

When we pray God listens, when we pray in the way Jesus taught us, God is pleased.

He hears our prayers.

 

#dailybreadbykitty

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1167248103736801

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...