Friday, December 23, 2022

hard workers

 Seest thou a man diligent in his business? he shall stand before kings; he shall not stand before mean men.

- Proverbs 22:29 (KJV)

 

It isn’t often that I use the King James Version in my writing, in fact, I almost didn’t use it today.

“Diligent in his business” translates into “skilled in his work”.

The Living Bible translation of this verse is Do you know a hard-working man? He shall be successful and stand before kings!

Monday through Friday I sit at a desk and complete my work through a computer, I don’t work directly with customers.

A lifetime ago however, I was a waitress, a bartender, and a cashier. 

Let me tell you, there are some humdinger customers out there! 

I saw a meme earlier that said "be nice to retail workers today, it isn't their fault that you waited until Mary's water broke to go shopping"

A little over the top, but still true. 

There is no reason to treat a retail worker poorly. 

Obviously not everyone has worked retail and we forget what it is like to be on the front lines (so to speak).  

They are people with families too, and the fact that they are working means they are not with their family.

And let me tell you, some retail workers are very skilled to tolerate the people that come into their stores! 

When you are out finishing your holiday shopping, make a difference, let people to see the light of Jesus in you today.

 

#dailybreadbykitty

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1167248103736801


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...