Thursday, December 1, 2022

don’t sleep through life

Jesus said to them, “Why are you sleeping? Get up and pray for strength against temptation.”

- Luke 22:46 (ERV)

 

Sometimes I feel like I could sleep for hours or maybe days, especially when I’ve been going a million miles an hour for weeks on end.

I have often wished that I could have a day between my weekend and my work week just to sleep and catch up on my rest.

I am glad I don’t though because I feel like in a way, that is when the devil tries to slip in.

I find that when I am exhausted I have very odd and vivid dreams, I have been known to wake up mad at my husband for something that he did in MY dream!

I am not saying that we should not sleep because that would have a very bad effect on us too, what I am saying is that we need to be vigilant to pray.

Don’t sleep through life thinking that the awful things that we are going through will go away, that we can sleep them off like a bad headache.

Instead, attack that evil with prayer, ask for God’s help in fighting what ever it is that has a hold on us.

I remember reading “somewhere” that we should pray without ceasing.

Now is the time.

 

#dailybreadbykitty

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1167248103736801

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...