Thursday, October 28, 2021

out of the mouths of all

What goes into someone’s mouth does not defile them, but what comes out of their mouth, that is what defiles them.

- Matthew 15:11

 

When you hear someone say “out of the mouths of babes” they are probably referring to either a profound statement or a silly comment made by an innocent child, but it is actually scripture! (Psalm 8:2) 

While some things that come out of our mouths can be wise, other things are not.

People tell lies, half-truths and sometimes even make up stories.

Often they do it to be vindictive or maybe they are just bored.

Rumors get started and lives destroyed.

I was in high school when a classmate who did not like me very much said something very loudly in class about me, a hateful, disparaging derogatory remark at the beginning of class and by the end of the day everyone in school had heard the rumor and was talking about me behind my back.

Even though it was a vicious, inappropriate lie, that rumor followed me for many years, and it nearly destroyed me.

I see her on social media sometimes, and part of me would like to confront her but the truth be told, she probably doesn’t even remember that she said it.

Be aware of what you are saying and when you are talking be aware of your surroundings.

“Garbage in, garbage out”

Filling your mind and soul with evil thoughts, false testimonies, adultery, immorality and slander will eventually come out of your mouth.

And what comes out of your mouth is what people use to define you.

 

#dailybreadbykitty

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1167248103736801

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...