Tuesday, October 26, 2021

hang on

For she thought to herself, “If I can just touch his robe, I will be healed.”

- Mark 5:28 (NLT)

 

Sometimes we just can’t go on any longer.

It seems like the whole world is against us, that there is no end to the struggles we face, that bad things just keep piling on our shoulders.

Just when we think that it can’t possibly get any worse, one more bomb drops and we find ourselves barely hanging on.

I saw a photo on social media last week that said “when you are hanging by a thread, make sure it’s the hem of His garment”.

The woman in the story from Mark 5 had been sick for many years, she spent everything she had seeking healing, she was hanging by a thread.

The Bible tells us that she had suffered a great deal and was only getting worse.

But she heard that Jesus was coming and she just knew that all she needed to do was touch His clothing and the illness would go away.

Further in the story, Jesus says to the woman “your faith has healed you”. 
We may not be able to physically touch His clothing in 2021, but our faith can still be strong. 
Listen to the lyrics of Lauren Daigle’s song Hold On To Me: 
When the best of me is barely breathin'

When I'm not somebody I believe in

Hold on to me

When I miss the light the night has stolen

When I'm slammin' all the doors You've opened

Hold on to me

Hold on to me

Hold on to me when it's too dark to see You

When I am sure I have reached the end

Hold on to me when I forget I need You

When I let go, hold me again

When I don't feel like I'm worth defending

When I'm tired of all my pretending

Hold on to me

When I start to break in desperation

Underneath the weight of expectation

Hold on to me

Hold on to me

Hold on to me when it's too dark to see You (I'll hold on)

When I am sure I have reached the end

Hold on to me when I forget I need You (I'll hold on)

When I let go, hold me again

I could rest here in Your arms forever

'Cause I know nobody loves me better

Hold on to me

Hold on to me

Life is hard.

Hang on to Him.

 

#dailybreadbykitty

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1167248103736801

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...