Friday, October 1, 2021

fall

Be patient, then, brothers and sisters, until the Lord’s coming. See how the farmer waits for the land to yield its valuable crop, patiently waiting for the autumn and spring rains. You too, be patient and stand firm, because the Lord’s coming is near.

-James 5:7-8

 

Here we are, October 1st.

Last Wednesday (September 22nd) was the Fall Equinox, the first day of fall.

I think I am more of a spring and summer kind of gal, I have always loved the newness of spring.

Fall has it’s perks though, I love sweaters and bonfires and cuddling with my husband under a warm blanket.

The Bible is filled with verses that have images of harvests, and this particular verse is a reminder that Jesus is going to return. 
The farmer waits for his crop, the rain, just as we wait for the glorious day of His return.

I like that promise.   

 

#dailybreadbykitty

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1167248103736801

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...