Monday, October 4, 2021

history

For everything that was written in the past was written to teach us, so that through the endurance taught in the Scriptures and the encouragement they provide we might have hope.

- Romans 15:4

 

I believe that every parent everywhere at some point in time has said to their children something along the lines of “I’m telling you this because I don’t want you to go through what I did.” 
If we didn’t say it to our own kids, I am pretty sure we heard it from our parents.

We try to teach our children and grandchildren that we need to learn from our mistakes and the mistakes of others.

We guide them into knowledge of things that we have seen and done and things that we know others have experienced.

As parents, teachers and leaders we want to keep the next generation from making the same mistakes that we did (and boy howdy, that is getting harder every day).

If we can save them from some of the heartache we went through, if we can encourage them to fight through the craziness, not to give up, to share the hope of a better tomorrow.

This exactly what God is doing in the Bible . . . He wants us to learn, so that He can provide encouragement and HOPE.

 

#dailybreadbykitty

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1167248103736801

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...