Thursday, May 20, 2021

my soul

If the Lord had not been my help, my soul would soon have lived in the land of silence. When I thought, “My foot slips,” your steadfast love, O Lord, held me up.

- Psalm 94:17-18 (ESV)

 

My soul would have soon lived in the land of silence.

How often has that happened to us?

I am willing to bet, based on the number of songs and poetry that reference “it is well with my soul” that it happened a LOT.

I know it happens to me.

So many times in this life I have struggled and cried out and every time, every single time God has been there.  

So many times in this life we struggle and cry out, not knowing that God is there, holding us up, because we are simply overcome by our anger or grief that we cannot hear Him.

And we are in the land of silence.

So how are so many able to say “it is well with my soul”?

Because they know, we know that God is the reason that we get through our trials.

God loves us.

The Bible tells us so. 😊

 

#dailybreadbykitty

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...