Friday, May 14, 2021

soldiers

Join with me in suffering, like a good soldier of Christ Jesus. No one serving as a soldier gets entangled in civilian affairs, but rather tries to please his commanding officer.

- 2 Timothy 2:3-4

 

Tomorrow is Armed Forces Day, celebrated on the third Saturday in May, created in 1949 to provide a single day celebration of the Army, Navy and Air Force unified under the Department of Defense. 

Many of us either know soldiers or are soldiers, my youngest son (who is also celebrating a birthday today!) served proudly in the US Army, and I could list off all of my family members that have served or are currently serving but the list is far too long. 

To those amazing men and women, I thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Think about this verse from the viewpoint of a soldier, especially the part about pleasing his commanding officer.

Anyone who has been in the military knows that you don’t make your CO angry.

As a soldier of Christ, who is our commanding officer?

Shouldn’t we all strive to be good soldiers, to do what is pleasing to God?

When I read “no one serving as a soldier gets entangled in civilian affairs”, my interpretation of this is that we should not let the things of earth tear us down, not the looting, the rioting, the constant battle of wills over leadership and government, but instead we should focus on serving our Commanding Officer, the Lord God.

Do good always, be a soldier in God’s army.

Happy birthday, Jordan!

 

#dailybreadbykitty

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...