Monday, May 31, 2021

living

Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. The one who believes in me will live, even though they die; and whoever lives by believing in me will never die. Do you believe this?”

- John 11:25-26

 

Today in the United States, we celebrate Memorial Day, a day to remember those who sacrificed their freedom so that we may have ours.

Although today was set aside to honor the men and women who died for our country, cemeteries around the nation are filled with people paying respect to all those they have lost.

I spent a lot of years going to cemeteries to put flowers of the graves of family members and friends, some of whom I had never met.

There are only two graves that I visit now with any regularity, the graves of my father and my brother (both of whom also happen to be military).

It used to be very hard for me to go there, but being raised the way I was, I felt like it was an obligation to go every year, to make sure the upkeep of the graves were in order and that there were US Flags and flowers placed there. 

I do not believe that my father and my brother are there, and in fact scripture indicates that they are not, but that they are with the everlasting Father in Heaven.

We can mourn the loved ones we have lost, but please find joy in knowing they are with the Father.

 

#dailybreadbykitty

 

I created a Facebook group called Daily Inspiration from the Bible, it is a public group to share the Word of God, praises, prayers and inspiring stories.  Feel free to join: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1167248103736801

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...