Wednesday, May 26, 2021

enough

Therefore, in order to keep me from becoming conceited, I was given a thorn in my flesh, a messenger of Satan, to torment me. Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me. But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me.

- 2 Corinthians 12:7-9

 

Over the last couple of years, I have endured some crazy health issues.

I shattered one bone in my leg and had multiple breaks in the other, this caused a deep infection that required the bone to be scraped down, the damage caused blood clots that went to my lungs and I nearly died, then I tore my rotator cuff and required surgery for that.

Many times, probably millions of times I pleaded with God to take the pain, the torment, and I truly believe that He told me to lean on Him.

I mean, other than surrounding myself in bubble wrap or never leaving the couch again, I have pretty much had to rely on God’s grace to get me through.

I’ve learned a lot through these injuries and the days/weeks/months that followed, and I am continuing to grow.

Sometimes it is hard to deal with the craziness of this world, and we need a little thorn sent from Satan to torment us.

As long as that thorn sends us back to God, we will be ok.  

His grace is enough.

 

#dailybreadbykitty

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...