Friday, January 15, 2021

anger

Get rid of all bitterness, rage and anger, brawling and slander, along with every form of malice. Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you.

- Ephesians 4:31-32

 

I am still working on this one . . . I have been known to hold a grudge for a very long time.

It is really hard to forgive someone that hurts you so bad, whether it is physical or emotional.

I have learned that we have to forgive others if we want to be forgiven.

It’s not easy for us humans, because we don’t love unconditionally, there are always stipulations.

We need to let go.

We say “I’m not wired that way” or “I can’t forgivethat specific thing or event” but that is not true – we ARE wired that way.

We have to ask God’s help in forgiving, just as we ask Him to forgive us.

Walking around angry all the time – that is not healthy, we have to let it go.  

It’s what God wants us to do.


#dailybreadbykitty

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...