Wednesday, January 27, 2021

rescue

But the Lord is faithful, and He will strengthen you and protect you from the evil one.

- 2 Thessalonians 3:3

 

I have read many stories of angels surrounding people, angels that they could not see but others did.

An example is the story of a girl walking home, she took a shortcut through an alley where she saw a couple of very frightening men. 

In the next few days news surfaced that a short time after her walk through the alley, another young lady was attacked in that same alley so the girl went to the police station to share what she had seen. 

As a result of her coming forward with clear descriptions of the men she had seen, the police were able to capture the assailants. 

The girl returned to the police station to ask the detective to inquire of the men as to why they did not attack her.

Their response was shocking to her – they said they did not attack her because she was walking with three very large men – she attributes these “three large men” to being angels of the Lord. 

I have no idea if this story is true, but the idea of God sending angels to protect us is pretty amazing. Song reference!

You are not hidden

There's never been a moment

You were forgotten

You are not hopeless

Though you have been broken

Your innocence stolen

I hear you whisper underneath your breath

I hear your SOS, your SOS

I will send out an army to find you

In the middle of the darkest night

It's true, I will rescue you

There is no distance

That cannot be covered

Over and over

You're not defenseless

I'll be your shelter

I'll be your armor

I hear you whisper underneath your breath

I hear your SOS, your SOS

I will send out an army to find you

In the middle of the darkest night

It's true, I will rescue you

I will never stop marching to reach you

In the middle of the hardest fight

It's true, I will rescue you

I hear the whisper underneath your breath

I hear you whisper, you have nothing left

I will send out an army to find you

In the middle of the darkest night

It's true, I will rescue you

I will never stop marching to reach you

In the middle of the hardest fight

It's true, I will rescue you

Oh, I will rescue you

The Lord is faith and He will protect us.

That sure is a comforting thought to get us through the day.

 

#dailybreadbykitty

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...