Thursday, January 28, 2021

morning

Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in you. Show me the way I should go, for to you I entrust my life.

- Psalm 143:8

 

I am normally the first one awake in my house (except for the cats who want breakfast rightnow), even on the weekends. 

I have come to treasure that quite time with my coffee and my devotions, the time to surrender myself to God and ask Him to guide my day. 

Our problems are temporary, but God is eternal and there is nothing – nothing that He won’t get you through. Song reference!

In the morning, when I rise

In the morning, when I rise

In the morning, when I rise, give me Jesus

Give me Jesus

Give me Jesus

You can have all this world

But give me Jesus

And when I am alone

Oh, and when I am alone

And when I am alone, give me Jesus

Give me Jesus

Give me Jesus

You can have all this world

But give me Jesus

And when I come to die

Oh, and when I come to die

And when I come to die, give me Jesus

Give me Jesus

Give me Jesus

You can have all this world

You can have all this world

You can have all this world

But give me Jesus

If we focus on the things that are wrong in our lives we will quickly become discouraged and that can start our day on a sour note, so instead, spend time each morning with God, praising, thanking, praying. 

Take Jesus into your day and it will be better.

 

#dailybreadbykitty

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...