Monday, January 25, 2021

stillness

He says, “Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth.”

- Psalm 46:10

 

Are you one of those people that just can’t stop?

I am for sure.

People get frustrated with me because I am almost always multitasking.

My boss has mentioned on more than one occasion that during meetings I need to not multitask, but pay close attention to the meeting instead.

My husband used to laugh at me because I could not just sit and watch television, I had to be doingsomething

I feel like I am just wired to do everything until it is all done and let me tell you, it is never all done!

There comes a time that we need to stop though.

Set aside the laundry, the grocery list, the meal planning.

Wait to schedule the next meeting, read and respond to that email, complete the TPS report (yes that is a joke from the movie Office Space) or whatever task is pending.

Give yourself time to be still, let the peace of God fill your heart, meditate on His presence, notice that He is all around you.

Take time to rest in Him, and be refreshed.

 

#dailybreadbykitty 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...