Monday, February 3, 2020

what are you afraid of?


When I am afraid, I put my trust in you. In God, whose word I praise — in God I trust and am not afraid. What can mere mortals do to me?
- Psalm 56:3-4

Spiders. Storms. Breaking bones. Being alone.
Those are just a few of my fears, not necessarily in that order either.
I try to be brave.
I’ve killed a few spiders; I’ve survived many storms and I’m working on the alone thing.
But no matter how brave I try to be, there are some things that I just can’t get through.
David tells us in this psalm that no matter what we are afraid of, we can give our situation to God and ask Him to take away our fear. 
We aren’t necessarily asking God to change the situation, but asking Him to change our response to it.
There are still very scary things out there, but when we erase our worry and fear and replace it with trust, we get through the situations a little less stressed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...