Thursday, February 27, 2020

can you hear?


So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God. 
- Romans 10:17

Why do we go to church every Sunday? 
Why do we read the Bible? 
Who needs to hear this stuff over and over? 
We do.  
If you are human (and I am assuming that you are), you need to hear things seven times in order to take action – it’s an old marketing saying, that if you want people to buy something, they have to hear about it seven times. 
I’ll go with seven because it is mentioned several times in the Bible, so just like everything else, when something is repeated, it’s time to pay attention! 
As your faith grows, you have to nurture it, and to nurture it, you have to hear it, read it and experience it. 
Go pick up your Bible and read. You might learn something new. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...