Wednesday, February 26, 2020

coming home


“Even now,” declares the Lord, “return to me with all your heart, with fasting and weeping and mourning.” Rend your heart and not your garments. Return to the Lord your God, for He is gracious and compassionate, slow to anger and abounding in love, and He relents from sending calamity. 
- Joel 2:12-13

The first thing I thought when I read this verse is “I’m coming home”.
There is nothing like coming home, your home is welcoming and warm, or like for me, when I am at my in-laws’ house, I feel like I am home. 
There has been a lot of loss in my life recently, friends and loved ones have had to say goodbye to people they cherish.
Those people, while we miss them on earth, they were able to go to their Heavenly home with the Father.
God asks us to come home to Him, no matter what we have done, we just ask and He is willing to love us. 
That is worth coming home.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...