Wednesday, February 19, 2020

s l o w


My dear brothers and sisters, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry.
- James 1:19

I have a very quick temper. 
It is not something I am proud of, but sometimes I feel myself going from zero to angry in 2.5 seconds. 
Being slow to speak does not mean the way you speak, it means how quickly. 
Your reaction to a situation can make or break your reputation, and that reputation can sometimes cost you, a raise or promotion that was in your grasp can be quickly ripped away if you react poorly. 
Listen. 
Consider. 
Then speak, kind words, never angry words. 
You’ll get a lot further in life.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...