Monday, February 17, 2020

creatures of habit


Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.
- Romans 12:2

I am a creature of habit.
I basically do the same routine every day. 
It’s been said that a person has to repeat the same act somewhere between 18 and 264 days to form a habit. 
Sometimes we don’t even recognize that what we are doing isn’t a positive thing.
God tells us not to conform to the pattern of this world, but it seems that humans are lemmings and we start to follow everyone off the cliff. 
What do you do if the habit you are getting into is not a good habit at all? 
According to the Bible, we must renew our minds, meaning we need to recognize that something in us needs to change, and then turn to Christ to help you break the chains of the bad habit. 
I smoked cigarettes for 27 years, I quit in 2008. 
If I can change that horrible unhealthy habit, I believe I can do anything with God’s help. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...