Friday, February 7, 2020

fiery words


When we put bits into the mouths of horses to make them obey us, we can turn the whole animal. Or take ships as an example. Although they are so large and are driven by strong winds, they are steered by a very small rudder wherever the pilot wants to go. Likewise, the tongue is a small part of the body, but it makes great boasts. Consider what a great forest is set on fire by a small spark.
- James 3:3-5

Have you ever said something that you immediately wished that you could take back?
Words can be sharp and painful, and in many cases, words can do more damage than actions. 
Think before you speak, ask yourself, if someone said this about me would I feel good about it?
Like Thumper’s mom said, “if you can’t say something nice, don’t say nothing at all”.
Let your words heal, never hurt.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...