Thursday, September 20, 2018

See You At The Pole 2018

It is that time of year again! . . . 
See You at the Pole (SYATP) is an annual gathering of thousands of Christian students at a flagpole in front of their local school for prayer, scripture-reading and worship, during the early morning before school starts. This year the American SYATP events occur on the 26th  of September at 7:00 A.M. while gathering around a school flag pole.
The events began in 1990 in the United States, where public schools cannot sponsor prayers and some Christians see public schools as hostile to Christian students. It has grown by word of mouth, announcements at youth rallies and churches, and the Internet. It is now an international event; in 2005, over two million students in the U.S. participated, as well as students in Canada, Cote d'Ivoire, the Democratic Republic of the Congo, Ecuador, Germany, Ghana, Guam, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Japan, Kenya, South Korea, Malaysia, Nigeria, Norway, Peru, Portugal, Scotland, and South Africa. 
. . .  
I know that not everyone that reads this blog is in the same city that I am in.  But here is what I would like you to do. . . 
Meet us at the pole. 
Any flag pole. 
I will be out in front of my office building at 6:55am on September 26th.  I would like everyone that is able to join me. Invite everyone that you know – I would love to see a crowd! 
If you are not located in the same city I am in, gather your friends, your family, your pets, and find a pole. Raise your voice to Him! 
The power of many people praying together is amazing. 
See you at the pole. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...