Tuesday, September 4, 2018

I don’t belong


Friends, this world is not your home, so don’t make yourselves cozy in it. Don’t indulge your ego at the expense of your soul. Live an exemplary life among the natives so that your actions will refute their prejudices. Then they’ll be won over to God’s side and be there to join in the celebration when he arrives.
– 1 Peter 2:11-12 (MSG)

Ok, yeah, it is another song reference, this time though, I am not giving you the whole song.
Sometimes it feels like I'm watching from the outside
Sometimes it feels like I'm breathing, but am I alive?
I will keep searching for answers that aren't here to find
All I know is I'm not home yet
This is not where I belong
Take this world and give me Jesus
This is not where I belong.
We don’t belong here.
Our home is with God.
I used the Message version of this verse because I thought it made things a little clearer.
Don’t get comfortable here – you are not staying.
Don’t compromise your soul – you’ll want it intact.
Be a living example for others – you may be the only sign of Jesus they see today.
Your actions can make a difference between someone choosing to follow Christ, or turn away.

Have a blessed day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...