Friday, September 14, 2018

if you can’t say something nice


Do not pay attention to every word people say, or you may hear your servant cursing you - for you know in your heart that many times you yourself have cursed others.
– Ecclesiastes 7:21-22

OK, I may have heard this a different way . . . 
As in “be careful whose toes you step on today because they may be connected to the butt you have to kiss tomorrow”.
Alright, that is not very biblical, but when push comes to shove, it is pretty much the truth, right?
I know that I have said some things that when I think back on them, they have made me cringe.
Probably because I am fairly certain that some of the same things have been said about me.
So my thoughts today are along the lines of “think before you speak” because after all, what do you want people saying about you?  

Have a blessed day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...