Friday, September 15, 2017

No one can separate me

For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

I am active in my church’s small group ministry.
In our current study, we were given homework to find a Bible verse that shows just how much God loves us.
I would like to share the verse that one of my group chose.
When we read our chosen verses out loud, our group leader asked us to put our name in that verse, so it would go like this for me:
For Kitty is convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate Kitty from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Wow.
You see, nothing could keep Jesus from coming to save me.
No distance between heaven and earth, not a maniacal king who sought to snuff out His life, not jeering mobs crying “crucify him”, not disciples that abandoned Him, not soldiers that mocked Him, not a whip that raked His flesh, and not a cross that claimed His physical life.
Not one thing stopped Jesus from saving me.
ME.
So what makes you think He would let you go or give up on you after His love has captured your heart?
Because of Jesus' sacrifice, we can know we won't have to ever be separated from God's love.


Have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...