Friday, September 8, 2017

Love who?

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.' The second is this: `Love your neighbor as yourself.' There is no commandment greater than these."

I struggle occasionally with the “love your neighbor” thing. 
(Not my actual neighbors, mind you, those are some great people!)
When I have to deal with people that are not followers of Christ, I find myself getting short tempered with them and just wanting to walk away.
But that is not what God wants from us.
Sometimes the most important things are not hard to understand.
God wants us to love Him with every fiber of our being and to also love those around us.
All of His demands on character really boil down to honoring these two great principles that transcend law and bring the character of God to hearts.
I need to take the “love your neighbor” thing to heart, do you?


Have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...