Monday, September 11, 2017

when we mourn

I will never forget this awful time, as I grieve over my loss. Yet I still dare to hope when I remember this: The faithful love of the Lord never ends!  His mercies never cease.  Great is His faithfulness; His mercies begin afresh each morning. 

For some people, especially the younger generation, this is just a regular Monday.
For many it is a day to remember a tragedy that happened to our great nation 16 years ago.
For me, it has a personal note from 1992, when my 17 year old brother was hit by a truck and killed.
Recovering from any tragic event is a challenge, but to turn your face to God in the aftermath of tragedy is to defy the power of evil, and to place your hope in the one Person who can bring good out of even the most horrifying disaster.
I know my little brother is with our Savior.
My hope for the future lies in Christ Jesus.
If you were affected by the 9/11 attacks, may your sorrow and mourning point you to the glorious hope of Jesus Christ, and the restoration He promises.


Have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...