Thursday, September 7, 2017

writer's block?

In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groans that words cannot express.

I have heard that all writers at some point experience writer’s block.
I look for verses to send that pop out at me or mean something to me, but there are times that I find myself at a loss for words.
OH!! Song reference!!
I'm finding myself at a loss for words
And the funny thing is it's okay
The last thing I need is to be heard
But to hear what You would say
Word of God speak
Would you pour down like rain
Washing my eyes to see
Your majesty
To be still and know
That you're in this place
Please let me stay and rest
In your holiness
Word of God speak

Isn't it incredible!
Even in those times that my words are blocked and my heart is heavy, God hears my prayers, and gives me words to share with all of you.
It is not because I am articulate, wise, or faithful enough to pray as I should.
No, it is because God has graciously placed His Spirit in our hearts to make known what my words cannot capture and my mind cannot verbalize.
God hears my groaning, my yearnings, my heartbreaks, and my heart-cries.
He knows what I cannot think, but only feel.
Through the work of the Holy Spirit, He answers those unuttered prayers with His presence, grace, and power.
And then I have words to share with you.


Have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...