Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Are you my friend?

A friend loves at all times, and a brother is born for a time of adversity.
– Proverbs 17:17

Yesterday I received some very sad news.
A man, a mentor and a friend to many has passed away suddenly.
Out of respect for his family, I will not dwell on the circumstances surrounding his death, but I will say that his departure has left a huge void for many of his friends and coworkers.
Sometimes we are blessed to have a lot of friends.
Social Media reconnects us with people from our past, and introduces us to new people.
But remember, our true friends are the ones that are with us through the rough times.
There are many “fair weather” relationships, but the true depth of a relationship can only be seen when there is turbulence and storms.
For those in the storm: who can you lean on?
Find them and do so, don’t go through the storm alone.
For those not in the storm: who around you needs a friend’s love and a brother (or sister) who can stand next to them?
In either case, take a step today to serve each other in Christ.


Have a blessed day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...