Monday, January 30, 2017

filling the holes

My soul is weary with sorrow; strengthen me according to Your word.
– Psalm 119:28

Lately I have been going to God in prayer with holes in my heart.
I am not even sure I can explain the holes, but that is what I say to Him.
How do we handle depression?
It seems that we see images of happy people everywhere, especially in advertising and media.
This can become the unspoken “ideal life” and then when we encounter emotions that may contradict this imagery we find ourselves unprepared.
If I had a dollar for every time that someone told me to “just get over” my depression.
Did you know that the Scripture sees sorrow as a part of being human?
Many of the Psalms deal with feelings of overwhelming depression.
Look in your Bible!
As the feelings of sadness and hopeless ness are addressed,  we find that the Bible gives us the guide to navigate through sorrow—the promises of Scripture itself.
God’s word assures us in our sorrow and gives us lighthouses of hope to help us navigate through the dark moments of our soul.


Have a blessed day! 

1 comment:

  1. Indeed…the word doesn’t say IF …says WHEN…. The Lord knows we are human and we will be faced with many various trials…including overwhelming emotions. It’s ok, He knows our weaknesses, He made us J

    He desires for us to trust Him in these times. He is our rock and fortress and protector…even from ourselves.



    The word tells us….Why be downcast o my soul? If He is for us, who can be against us? Be brave, stouthearted….and the list goes on and on. We fix our minds on things above….we take those thoughts captive to the obedience of Christ…think of what is pure, lovely……basically, when those emotions/thoughts try to ‘get us’….we throw the word at them and change the channel…just like a radio or tv station J…if a song makes you sad, change the channel, if a show offends you, push that pretty finger on that remote and find something inspiring to watch J Emotions are the same way…if we feel we are slipping, we call His name and think of His word…change that mental channel!



    One thing He is working on me is…despair….stop letting the world and the enemy drive me to despair….despair is hopelessness…. and if I put my hope in HIM, I WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED!!



    Love you bunches lady…always in my prayers!

    MWAH!!!

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...