Monday, November 27, 2023

send me

Also I heard the voice of the Lord, saying: “Whom shall I send, And who will go for Us?” Then I said, “Here am I! Send me.”

- Isaiah 6:8 (NKJV)

 

Here I am, Lord, send me.

What if, every time someone asked for help, we would respond with those six words?

Every day we see requests for volunteers or help in some form.

Schools, churches, non-profits all need a helping hand.

On the Saturday after Thanksgiving this year, my chapter of the Christian Motorcyclists Association spent four hours ringing the bell for the Salvation Army’s Red Kettle campaign.

What a humbling experience.
As people walked past our kettle, we noticed that many did not seem happy, and it broke our hearts a little.

We had a few that said, “bah humbug”, one that said he doesn’t celebrate the holidays because of his ex-wife.
One that wanted to argue that it’s not “Merry Christmas” but “Happy Holidays”.

The best part though, was seeing the little children put money in – talk about cheerful givers!
They may not have known the impact they are making on the community, but they made an impact on our hearts.

In 2021, Bethel Music and Jenn Johnson released their song Send Me:
If it's bandaging the broken

Or washing filthy feet

Here I am Lord, send me

If it's loving one another

Even when we don't agree

Here I am Lord, send me

If I'm poor or if I'm wealthy

I'll serve You just the same

Here I am Lord, send me

On the mountain or the valley

I will choose to praise

Here I am Lord, send me

If I'm known by how I love

Let my life reflect how much I love You

I love You

And before You even ask

Oh my answer will be yes

Cause I love You

I love You

If the truth cuts like an arrow

I will say it anyway

Cause here I am Lord, send me

And if it means that they'll reject me

Lord I will still obey

Cause here I am Lord, send me

...

When I'm standing in Your glory

I'll be glad I chose to say

Here I am Lord, send me

Well done good and faithful

I live to hear You say

Here I am Lord, send, sing it (Send me, oh)

Here I am Lord, send me (Oh)

...

Here I am Lord, send me
Everywhere you look there are opportunities to step up and help others.

How often do we answer the call for help?
More importantly, how often do we respond to that call with a cheerful heart?

Here I am, Lord, send me.

 

#dailybreadbykitty

Daily Inspiration from the Bible

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...