Wednesday, November 22, 2023

before the turkey

Then he took a cup of wine and gave thanks to God for it.

He took some bread and gave thanks to God for it.

Luke 22:17a; 19a (NLT)

 

This may seem weird, that I am pulling the front half of two verses out and putting them together, but the point I want to make today is that Jesus gave thanks.

He knew at that last supper that it would be His last meal, he even said it in verse 18 when He said,  “For I will not drink wine again until the Kingdom of God has come.”

He knew, and yet he gave thanks.

I have seen a lot of t-shirts and tattoos that remind us that Judas ate too.
Whoa, that is a lot to digest, isn’t it? 

Jesus sat down and had a meal with the man that He knew would betray Him, the man that would lead Him to being arrested, beaten and enduring a horrific death on the cross.

And He still gave thanks.

Maybe before the turkey we should also give thanks.
 

#dailybreadbykitty

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1167248103736801

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...