Tuesday, November 14, 2023

joy in the sorrow

So be truly glad. There is wonderful joy ahead, even though you must endure many trials for a little while.

- 1 Peter 1:6 (NLT)

 

Today is the celebration of life for a man I knew only briefly.

He was an incredibly talented man and he loved God with every part of his soul.

He endured a horrible trial that lasted many years, yet he never lost faith.

Even at the end, he proclaimed his faith in God, knowing that his pain would end, and he would see his loved ones again someday.
Sunday afternoon I learned of the loss of a lady that touched the lives of many, she too wore her faith and lived it every single day.
Her horrible trial was less than a year, but she fought with dignity and strength.
Cancer sucks y’all.  

It is hard to explain how we can love and trust a God that we cannot see, especially when we are watching people we care about go through a horrible trial, or when we are going through one ourselves.

But when we reconcile everything that God has done for us, how can we not trust Him?

The love and comfort that we feel when we give ourselves fully to Him, that is worth every trial.

I know I am not alone, even when I can’t see Him, He is there.

I know these friends of mine are not alone, that they are both now experiencing the wonderful joy they were promised by the awesome God they served with their whole hearts.

 

#dailybreadbykitty

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1167248103736801

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...