Thursday, November 2, 2023

••• — — — •••

Even to your old age and gray hairs I am he, I am he who will sustain you. I have made you and I will carry you; I will sustain you and I will rescue you.

- Isaiah 46:4 (NIV)

 

Not everyone knows Morse code, but everyone is familiar with three dots followed by three dashes, then three dots again. . . . _ _ _ . . .
SOS. 
Many think that “SOS” stands for “save our souls”, “save our ship”, or “shipwrecked on sea”, but it actually doesn’t stand for anything, it is simply a distress signal.  

Most of us need a distress signal sometimes.

Lauren Daigle released her song Rescue in 2018:
You are not hidden

There's never been a moment

You were forgotten

You are not hopeless

Though you have been broken

Your innocence stolen

I hear you whisper underneath your breath

I hear your SOS, your SOS

I will send out an army to find you

In the middle of the darkest night

It's true, I will rescue you

There is no distance

That cannot be covered

Over and over

You're not defenseless

I'll be your shelter

I'll be your armor

I hear you whisper underneath your breath

I hear your SOS, your SOS

I will send out an army to find you

In the middle of the darkest night

It's true, I will rescue you

I will never stop marching to reach you

In the middle of the hardest fight

It's true, I will rescue you

I hear the whisper underneath your breath

I hear you whisper, you have nothing left

I will send out an army to find you

In the middle of the darkest night

It's true, I will rescue you

I will never stop marching to reach you

In the middle of the hardest fight

It's true, I will rescue you

Oh, I will rescue you

Lauren Daigle is an amazing artist in my opinion, with a vocal range that is simply astounding – if you have never heard her work I encourage you to listen on YouTube.
When asked about this song in n interview, Lauren said this: 
I wrote 'Rescue' with a loved one in mind so this makes that one of the most personal songs I’ve ever been a part of. I remember getting this vision about a girl who was caught in a really desperate situation. She was running to all of these vices in order to find just an element of hope or just something to keep her in the process of this desperation. And in came walking down the hall Jesus. And instead of judging her for maybe some of the actions she had chosen that were really painful and difficult, He sat with her in the midst of it all. He didn’t try to fix her, He just was with her.

For everyone who feels hopeless, for everyone who feels desperate, for everyone who feels like they’re at the end of their rope in life - how could I sing, how could I articulate, how could I emote something that would feel like a warm blanket? Like a comfort and an embrace to them?" 

I know there are times when we are virtually drug through the streets and trampled by elephants, times we are all in pain.

God is there.

God will love us, hold us, sustain us. 
He will rescue us. 

What an amazing God we serve.

 

#dailybreadbykitty

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1167248103736801

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...