Tuesday, January 10, 2023

take advice

It is better to be a poor but wise youth than an old and foolish king who refuses all advice.

- Ecclesiastes 4:13 (NLT)

 

How many times growing up did you question something you were being told to hear “because I said so!”?

I think most of the times when I heard it, I was probably arguing with my mother about something that she wouldn’t let me do or someplace that she wouldn’t let me go.

I admit to saying the same thing to my own children, usually at the point that I was so frustrated and tired of arguing that I just wanted the argument to end.

Looking back at the times that my mother said “because I said so” she was often giving me advice that I simply did not want to hear.

You know what is scary?

Many times her advice held good information, and I was being foolish not to listen.

Believe it or not there have been a few times that my kids said that they wish they had listened to my advice too.

Guidance comes to us from all directions and it is not always good, in fact sometimes we are given very bad advice.

But we should listen to each suggestion, each recommendation and weigh it in our hearts.

Take it to the Lord and prayer and listen to what He says about the situation.

Don’t be a foolish king who refuses all advice.

 

#dailybreadbykitty

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1167248103736801

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...