Wednesday, January 25, 2023

faith

I did this because I wanted your faith to stand firmly upon God, not on man’s great ideas.

- 1 Corinthians 2:5 (TLB)

 

How is your faith?

Are you firmly rooted or are you wavering in your belief?  

When I read this verse a song immediately came to mind (imagine that - me having a song reference!)

My hope is built on nothing less

than Jesus’ blood and righteousness;

I dare not trust the sweetest frame,

but wholly lean on Jesus’ name.

On Christ, the solid rock, I stand;

all other ground is sinking sand,

all other ground is sinking sand.

When darkness veils his lovely face,

I rest on His unchanging grace;

in every high and stormy gale,

my anchor holds within the veil.

His oath, his covenant, his blood

support me in the whelming flood;

when all around my soul gives way,

He then is all my hope and stay.

When he shall come with trumpet sound,

O may I then in Him be found,

Dressed in His righteousness alone,

faultless to stand before the throne.

There are 66 verses (maybe more) in the Bible about having a firm foundation.

We need to stand firm in Christ, not on man.

Humans will let you down, Christ never will.

 

#dailybreadbykitty

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1167248103736801

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...