Monday, January 30, 2023

different friends

There are “friends” who destroy each other, but a real friend sticks closer than a brother.

- Proverbs 18:24 (NLT)

 

It’s a little crazy how we approach and analyze friendships through our lifetime.

My very best friend in the entire world is still my husband (aww), I thank God for him.

I find myself at a loss for words as I contemplate what to write today, the last few years have shown me sides of people that I just didn’t think I’d ever experience.

People that have done something we consider unforgivable.

People that take advantage of us in every way imaginable (and some unimaginable ways too)..

People that call themselves our friends yet cause us grief, hardship, constant disappointment.

People that attach themselves to us and find misery in every situation, wrong in every person in your life.
When we are hurt by these people, we often find ourselves reliving the encounters that started the ball rolling to cause us to we terminate the friendship.

Oddly enough, this reminds me of something I posted on social media last week:

“An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind”.

I saw this today and it made me stop cold. How often do I think about “paybacks”, “revenge” or “karma” ?

We can’t control what other people say and do, we can only control how we respond to their actions.

Sometimes it’s better to forgive people and walk away. Key words: walk away.

Don’t tell everyone your side of the story - especially if the person you are telling has no connection to the event.

Don’t try to make others look bad - no matter how angry you are about a situation you’re the one that looks like a fool.

Don’t hold on to your anger - the only one you are hurting is yourself.

God speaks many times in the Bible about friendship and companionship, even in the beginning in the book of Genesis, God felt that man should not be alone.

Friendship is discussed in the books of Genesis, Amos, John, Proverbs, Samuel, and Romans just to mention a few. 

I guess, in my humble opinion, that if God mentions it so many times in the Bible it must be important to Him.

Friends come and go during our walk of life. 

Human beings were created to be social creatures, meaning that we are most comfortable when we have family, friends, and acquaintances.

Friendship is an important element in a fulfilled, contented life, and those who have close friends, whether one or two or a multitude, will usually be happy and well-adjusted.

If you ever wonder about someone, ask yourself “are we friends, or am I just a convenience?”

Please don't misunderstand me - I am not perfect. 

In no way will I ever claim that I am the perfect friend, spouse, or companion. 

But I try to make the right decisions. 

I try to stay on the path where God leads me because only that path leads to friendship with God, which is the ultimate goal of a Christ follower.

Sometimes we need to weed our own gardens.

 

#dailybreadbykitty

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1167248103736801

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...