Friday, January 13, 2023

bad luck

Don’t waste time arguing over foolish ideas and silly myths and legends. Spend your time and energy in the exercise of keeping spiritually fit.

- 1 Timothy 4:7 (TLB)

 

It’s Friday the 13th ya’all!! 
Honestly, it is one of my favorite days, and I am more than a little miffed that due to a leap year, I am missing out on having my birthday of Friday the 13th in 2024, but I digress.

I once knew someone that refused to leave the house on any Friday the 13th.

I have known people with extreme superstitions, for example this is a story that I recall: when my mother was 18, she bought a pair of shoes that she was extremely proud of because they were bought with her very first paycheck.  She brought them home and placed them on the kitchen table.  That night their house burned down. Obviously, the shoes on the table did not start the fire, but my mother would never allow shoes on a table based on her superstition that the shoes on the table brought bad luck. 

To be fair, I struggle with having something come between me and someone I am walking with based on a superstition that it meant there would be a fight. (there was an old cartoon of two tigers pacing in a cage and as they paced and passed each other the center pole in the cage separated them and they said “bread and butter” each time the pole came between them). 
Guess what. 

We do not have to live with superstition! 
We can rely on God to keep us safe, and that safety comes in the knowledge we find in the Bible.

Keep spiritually fit and don’t worry about ladders and broken mirrors and tossing salt over your shoulder – pick up your Bible instead.   

 

#dailybreadbykitty

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1167248103736801

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...