Wednesday, January 12, 2022

well, there is that

Do not lie to each other, since you have taken off your old self with its practices and have put on the new self, which is being renewed in knowledge in the image of its Creator.

- Colossians 3:9-10

 

You know how I always say that when something is repeated, it is because God wants us to really hear it and pay attention?

I have heard “do not lie” in several areas of my life recently, so I think it might be a point that God may want me to bring to our attention.

When Jesus died for us on the cross, He died to absolve us of our sins.

Lying, even a lie by omission is still a sin.

When we lie, we have to make sure that we tell the same lie to people, and not say one thing to person A and another to person B and another to person C, because person D might not know you, but hears your story from person A and C and now you have to explain the differences in your store to person B who talked to A and C after D talked to them!  
Confused? Good!  Don’t lie! 

The previously unsaved people that we were (because we were not born saved, we have to accept Jesus as our Savior) may have lied, but we gave up our old selves and practices, just like this verse says. 

Being truthful is easier.

Think about the old catch phrase “what would Jesus do” before we let lies escape our lips.

 

#dailybreadbykitty

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1167248103736801

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...