Wednesday, January 5, 2022

failure is not an option

My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.

- Psalm 73:26

 

Failure is not an option.

I’m pretty sure that I have seen that on bumper stickers, inspirational posters, daily quotes and even at the gym.

So many times we let failure be an option in our lives, I can’t even count the number of times that I cried to my husband “I can’t do this”.

Another song reference . . . this one should be familiar:

The Lord has promised good to me,

His Word my hope secures;

He will my Shield and Portion be,

As long as life endures.

In case you did not recognize it, that is the fourth verse of Amazing Grace.

Each time I told my husband that I couldn’t do something, he reminded me that I could, that I needed to have more faith in myself.

I have struggled a lot in the last year but I am on the other side of it all now and yes, I was able to do it.

But I could not have done it alone.

I needed the support and love from my husband and I needed the strength that I get from my relationship with God.

Amazing Grace, indeed.

 

#dailybreadbykitty

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1167248103736801

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, but please also be respectful.

peace

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be a...